Booking Your Event Space:
- There is a required non-refundable deposit of 50% of the site rental fee to hold your date and space.
- A signed contract must be received by the Rental & Events Department at least three weeks prior to the scheduled event.
- It is essential that a final number of guest’s attendance be given to our Rental & Events Department 2 weeks prior to the event.
- All party guests must “check-in” at the Zoo’s Front Gate before entering for the event.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Deposit amounts will apply to final billing.
- An event is considered cancelled, and services will not be provided, if a deposit is not received.
- Deposits or payments can be made by check, cash or credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
Outside Vendors including Entertainment, Rentals, Florists, Lighting and Sound, etc:
- Balloons & pinatas are not allowed inside the Zoo for the safety of our animals.
- All outside vendors must meet or call our Rental & Events Coordinator no later than two weeks prior to your event date to coordinate delivery times, loading areas, set-up locations and pick-up schedule.
- The zoo staff cannot provide or transport guests or equipment in or outside the zoo. All deliveries must be scheduled through the Rental & Events Department at least one week prior to the event.
- Scheduled deliveries may be made the same day as the event only, unless arrangements have been made in advance with the Rental & Events Department.
Entertainment, Games, and Activities: (Preferred Entertainment)
- Please advise our Rental & Events Department if you are planning to arrange games during your event.
- All entertainers must enter through the Bear Gate.
- No outside animals are allowed into the Zoo grounds.
Outside Caterers: (Preferred Caterers)
- Outside licensed caterers are permitted, provided they submit proper documentation as required by Zoo policy to the Rental & Events Coordinator. Outside caterers are responsible for staffing and providing all catering equipment for your event.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo will provide all of our available tables and chairs we have in-house for your event.
- It is the responsibility of the outside caterer to set-up, break-down, and perform basic cleaning as deemed responsible by the onsite Events Coordinator.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo will provide an on-site Events Coordinator to assist with any questions or requests and to protect the integrity of the Zoo’s facility.
- The outside caterer needs to be in contact with the Rental & Events Department at least three weeks prior to the event to go over set up and loading in/out details.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Zoo grounds unless it is approved through the Rental & Events Department.
- Alcohol may not be served by anyone other than the licensed caterer.
- Alcohol may be served at your event to adult’s 21 and above.
- Alcohol consumption must be confined to the rented event site.
- The Zoo reserves the right to remove any individual whose behavior is inappropriate to a family facility or whose activities may cause harm to other guests or the Zoo animals.
- Cancellations made from 120-90 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 25% of the facility rental.
- Cancellations made from 89-60 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 50% of the facility rental.
- Cancellations made from 59-30 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 75% of the facility rental.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 100% of the facility rental.
- If the renter cancels and reschedules a new date (within a 30 day period), the deposit will be credited 100% towards the new date.
- The entrance for the Zoo is inside Beardsley Park.
- Guests must park vehicles in designated parking areas only, our lots are free for guest event parking.
- Guest vehicles are not allowed inside Zoo grounds unless cleared by the Rental & Events Department.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo cannot issue freezer or storage space to rental parties.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Asian New Year Celebration
We are open...
9am to 4pm every day except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
Directions and Info
Contact Info: Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo 1875 Noble Avenue Bridgeport, CT 06610
Main Number: (203) 394-6565