Donation Request Guidelines
Thank you for thinking of Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo for your non-profit fundraiser or event. We receive hundreds of requests every month. These guidelines help to streamline the large number of donation requests we receive each week. Please ask your fundraising committee to keep a copy on file so that your current and future requests can be received and processed without delay. Thank you.
- As a private, non-profit organization ourselves, we cannot make monetary donations. We do however offer one donation of passes, per non-profit organization, per calendar year, for fundraising auctions and raffles only. Sorry, we are not able to donate for participation, incentive or attendance events.
- We donate two (2) one-time use passes, each good for up to four (4) people. We do not donate memberships, birthday parties, gift shop merchandise or tickets to our Zoo major fundraisers such as our annual Wild Wine, Beer & Food Safari or our annual Endangered Species Gala.
- Donation Requests must be submitted on the non-profit organization’s original letter head paper and include the date and type of fundraising event being held. Groups are welcome to include an event flyer which we would be happy to post on our community board to help promote your event.
- All donation requests should be mailed to us at least 2 months in advance to allow ample time for processing. Donation requests are only processed and mailed back twice a month and they are processed in order by event date.
- Requests must include a white, # 10 business sized, self-addressed, return envelope, with a first-class stamp affixed to it. Please do not send the # 9 reply size or the small note card size. Our donation will not fit. Please use 9½ x 4” size.
- Requests that do not meet the criteria above or include the self-addressed, stamped, return envelope as mentioned above, will not be processed.
- Requests must be mailed to us by first class “snail” mail and addressed to:
- Denice Green
Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo
1875 Noble Avenue
Bridgeport, CT, 06610-1600
Please use this contact information for all donation correspondences including request letters, outside envelopes addressed to us, thank you notes, and ad booklets.
We wish you much success with your fund-raising endeavors!