Booking Your Event Space:
- There is a required non-refundable deposit of 50% of the site rental fee to hold your date and space.
- A signed contract must be received by the Rental & Events Department at least three weeks prior to the scheduled event.
- It is essential that a final number of guest’s attendance be given to our Rental & Events Department 2 weeks prior to the event.
- All party guests must “check-in” at the Zoo’s Front Gate before entering for the event.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Deposit amounts will apply to final billing.
- An event is considered cancelled, and services will not be provided, if a deposit is not received.
- Deposits or payments can be made by check, cash or credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
Outside Vendors including Entertainment, Rentals, Florists, Lighting and Sound, etc:
- Balloons & pinatas are not allowed inside the Zoo for the safety of our animals.
- All outside vendors must meet or call our Rental & Events Coordinator no later than two weeks prior to your event date to coordinate delivery times, loading areas, set-up locations and pick-up schedule.
- The zoo staff cannot provide or transport guests or equipment in or outside the zoo. All deliveries must be scheduled through the Rental & Events Department at least one week prior to the event.
- Scheduled deliveries may be made the same day as the event only, unless arrangements have been made in advance with the Rental & Events Department.
Entertainment, Games, and Activities: (Preferred Entertainment)
- Please advise our Rental & Events Department if you are planning to arrange games during your event.
- All entertainers must enter through the Bear Gate.
- No outside animals are allowed into the Zoo grounds.
Outside Caterers: (Preferred Caterers)
- Outside licensed caterers are permitted, provided they submit proper documentation as required by Zoo policy to the Rental & Events Coordinator. Outside caterers are responsible for staffing and providing all catering equipment for your event.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo will provide all of our available tables and chairs we have in-house for your event.
- It is the responsibility of the outside caterer to set-up, break-down, and perform basic cleaning as deemed responsible by the onsite Events Coordinator.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo will provide an on-site Events Coordinator to assist with any questions or requests and to protect the integrity of the Zoo’s facility.
- The outside caterer needs to be in contact with the Rental & Events Department at least three weeks prior to the event to go over set up and loading in/out details.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Zoo grounds unless it is approved through the Rental & Events Department.
- Alcohol may not be served by anyone other than the licensed caterer.
- Alcohol may be served at your event to adult’s 21 and above.
- Alcohol consumption must be confined to the rented event site.
- The Zoo reserves the right to remove any individual whose behavior is inappropriate to a family facility or whose activities may cause harm to other guests or the Zoo animals.
- Cancellations made from 120-90 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 25% of the facility rental.
- Cancellations made from 89-60 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 50% of the facility rental.
- Cancellations made from 59-30 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 75% of the facility rental.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the event date will be responsible for 100% of the facility rental.
- If the renter cancels and reschedules a new date (within a 30 day period), the deposit will be credited 100% towards the new date.
- The entrance for the Zoo is inside Beardsley Park.
- Guests must park vehicles in designated parking areas only, our lots are free for guest event parking.
- Guest vehicles are not allowed inside Zoo grounds unless cleared by the Rental & Events Department.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo cannot issue freezer or storage space to rental parties.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
3rd Annual Animal Art Show & Sale
6pm - 9pm
December 10 & 11
10:30am - 11:15am
We are open...
9am to 4pm every day except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
1875 Noble Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06610
Main Number: (203) 394-6565