Tips for a Great Family Trip
* Watch a family nature video on your child's favorite animal prior to your visit. Bring binoculars to the Zoo, so your child can "go on safari".
* On your drive to the Zoo, discuss trips to the Zoo when you were a child, or what your favorite animal was when you were growing up.
* Use one of the Zoo Scavenger Hunts on our website to stimulate your child's interest while at the Zoo.
* Buy a Zoo Key at the Front Gate or Gift Shop so your child can hear about the Zoo's most popular animals in words and song! Put the key in special boxes near some exhibits hear about the animals. Flip the key over for both versions.)
* Make a game of stopping at every exhibit to spot the animals; they can often be secretive or lying in the shade. Let your little explorer find each animal, with hints from you. Read our signs to your child so they'll know more about each fascinating species. And you might be amazed how much they already know!
* After your trip, visit your local library to borrow books on animals that piqued your child's interest.
* Inquire about free and exciting family events via our website or in person.
* Plan your visits throughout the year to take advantage of our beautiful fall foliage, our animals playing in snow and our Zoo babies in the spring. We also have special programs during most school vacations. Check our website throughout the year.
* Remember these special hours to get the most out of your visit:
New World Tropics Rainforest - 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Carousel - 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Peacock Café - 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
* Restrooms are located near Front Gate and alongside the Peacock Café.
* First Aid Kits are located at the Front Gate, Gift Shop, Victorian Greenhouse, Peacock Café, Carousel and New England Farmyard areas.
* A pay phone is located near the Jungle Canteen Snack Stand.
March 11 & 12
10:30am - 11:15am
St. Patrick's Day
9am - 4pm
We are open...
9am to 4pm every day except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
Directions and Info
Contact Info: Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo 1875 Noble Avenue Bridgeport, CT 06610
Main Number: (203) 394-6565